map
youtube twitter facebook Google Paly App Stores

Victims until today

4048

Yarmouk’s New Reconstruction Plan Canceled by Syrian Authorities

Published : 25-08-2020

Yarmouk’s New Reconstruction Plan Canceled by Syrian Authorities

Conflicting reports have emerged about the adaptation of the new plan issued by Damascus Governorate on June 29, 2020 to reconstruct Yarmouk Camp for Palestinian refugees.

Palestinian lawyer Nour AlDeen Salman, who strongly condemned the plan, said two decisions issued last week ruled for canceling the new reconstruction plan and adopting the old plan approved in 2004.

Director-General of the political department of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), Ambassador Anwar Abdul Hadi, said the Syrian government and Damascus authorities will not adopt a new reconstruction plan in Yarmouk Camp.

Palestinian refugees continue to voice their firm rejection of the new organizational plan put forth by Damascus Governorate to rehabilitate Yarmouk Camp.

Tension has been running high in the area as thousands of refugees continue to rail against the proposed plan, amid growing fears that their homes and property will be removed from the new plan.

Recently, AGPS has called on the Syrian authorities in Damascus to re-examine the new organizational plan put forth by Damascus governorate to rehabilitate Yarmouk Camp and to rather implement the old plan which was approved in 2004.

In a statement issued last month, AGPS said plans that do not take into account Palestinians’ inalienable rights make part of underway conspiracies to further displace the Palestinian people and destroy displacement camps as living witnesses to their refugee plight.

The statement said the new organizational plan will remarkably change the demographic and architectural identity of the camp. Several buildings and facilities will be removed, which will lead to a mass displacement of refugee families and a further deterioration of their humanitarian condition.

 

Short URL : https://www.actionpal.org.uk/en/post/10563

Conflicting reports have emerged about the adaptation of the new plan issued by Damascus Governorate on June 29, 2020 to reconstruct Yarmouk Camp for Palestinian refugees.

Palestinian lawyer Nour AlDeen Salman, who strongly condemned the plan, said two decisions issued last week ruled for canceling the new reconstruction plan and adopting the old plan approved in 2004.

Director-General of the political department of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), Ambassador Anwar Abdul Hadi, said the Syrian government and Damascus authorities will not adopt a new reconstruction plan in Yarmouk Camp.

Palestinian refugees continue to voice their firm rejection of the new organizational plan put forth by Damascus Governorate to rehabilitate Yarmouk Camp.

Tension has been running high in the area as thousands of refugees continue to rail against the proposed plan, amid growing fears that their homes and property will be removed from the new plan.

Recently, AGPS has called on the Syrian authorities in Damascus to re-examine the new organizational plan put forth by Damascus governorate to rehabilitate Yarmouk Camp and to rather implement the old plan which was approved in 2004.

In a statement issued last month, AGPS said plans that do not take into account Palestinians’ inalienable rights make part of underway conspiracies to further displace the Palestinian people and destroy displacement camps as living witnesses to their refugee plight.

The statement said the new organizational plan will remarkably change the demographic and architectural identity of the camp. Several buildings and facilities will be removed, which will lead to a mass displacement of refugee families and a further deterioration of their humanitarian condition.

 

Short URL : https://www.actionpal.org.uk/en/post/10563